Thursday, May 31, 2007

Knitting for babies! What a Bliss!

I found about 3 weeks before the May 23rd baby shower that I was invited to a baby shower for my cousin who is expecting a baby girl. I wanted to give her something hand knit but did not have much time left before having to finish the gift. In search of simple but elegant patterns, I discovered and decided to make the following two items:

Debbie Bliss Baby Shrug

Baby Shrug full view front

Baby Shrug

and

Baby Booties

Baby booties side view

Baby Booties

Both of these were quick and fun knits. I would recommend them to anyone. The baby cashmerino yarn had such a wonderful and soft feel when being knit up.

My cousin loved both items!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Those are so cute! What a lucky baby girl.

And I love the way you are recording your knitting. You are sooo organized!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Both of those baby items are gorgeous! What I love about knitting baby things is that they are small and finish up quickly - instant gratification! And they look so cute, too!

Anonymous said...

Very nice baby knits indeed, the booties are so damn cute...

I also am impressed with your pattern recording system... is this something inborn with programmers?

Manon