Monday, June 18, 2007

The long awaited arrival!

I am so excited!!! I finally received it. My parents, sisters, husband and daughter got together to buy me the most fantastic birthday present. I ordered it a few weeks ago, and it came in this weekend.

My very own!! An Ashford Knitter's Loom!

Last night I set up the warp. It took me a little over an hour. I read the instructions, tried things, and when it did not work went back to reading. I finally got through the instructions and was able to get it all set up.

Setting up the warp

Now tonight I started weaving. I am just doing a simple scarf with some old yarn that I had in my stash. This was just to learn how it all works. Now that I got the hang of it, I am going to plan an actual project and buy some yarn for it! Another reason to get more yarn ;-)

the first part of my weave

started weaving

I just love this new hobbie. Now to start planning what my next weaving project will be...

Oh, and before I forget, Tanya's blog got me to do the following:




You Are: 20% Dog, 80% Cat



You are are almost exactly like a cat.

You're intelligent, independent, and set on getting your way.

And there's no way you're going to fetch a paper for anyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh another weaver...Yeahhhhh! When's spinning?

Manon

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Good luck with the weaving. I think the scarf looks good so far.

I did that little quiz too, and I got 50% dog 50% cat!