Sunday, May 6, 2007

Home Decorating on a Dime!

We recently started redecorating my daughter (Camille, 11 years old) and step-daughter's (Valérie, 14 years old) bedrooms. The comforter set we purchased for Valérie's room did not have any matching curtains available to purchase. So, I bought an extra bed skirt, and some beading. Using my sewing machine and a bit of imagination I made a window valance.

P5060212

P5060211

Valérie did not like the old peach colored lamp we had in her room and asked that we purchase a new lamp.
P5060230

In the previous picture the transformation had already begun - the lamp post was the same color as the shade.

With the left over stuff from making the valance, and some scrapbooking scraps I transformed her lamp into a lamp she loves better than any we could have purchased.

P5060229

You are probably all anxious to see the finished bedrooms. I will only post pictures of those once the redecortaing is complete. You will just have to be patient!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice finishing touches...I really like the beads. I find it so hard to find accessories for teen's bedroom; it's either too simple (like just the bed conforter set, no matching pillow or curtains) or with a price tag out of this world. I'll try to remember your tips for the upcoming bedroom redo.

Manon

Anonymous said...

I love the look. I especially like the wall colors in two shades. I agree that it is difficult finding home decor accessories for bedrooms. I also find that your choice is either bare bones cheap or astronomically priced. These curtains will make it look like you chose the latter.

KnittenKnots said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt Line...my condolences. I'm very behind on my blog reading obviously... I love the curtains - what a great idea! And your trip to Cuba makes me wish I was on a beach in Veradero. It's been too long... :-)