Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

I wish you all a healthy and happy 2008, and a lot of time for fiber related activities ;-)

I thought I would share with you a few of the Xmas presents I received this year:

A tote for those weekend retreats or activities that require lots of gear to be brought along (i.e. ball winder, swift, etc.). It has many pockets and a large space on the inside for carrying larger items:

P1020040

An embellishment center and a small tote bag for carrying smaller projects:

P1020036

And here is the embellishment center now that I have started ogranizing some stuff into it. I just love the two rods for holding the ribbon spools:

P1020042

I received this beautiful blue and brown handspun and some Harmony 2.25mm DPNs from my friend Tanya:

P1020037

The harmony needles are a wonder to knit with. And I find it so cool and practical that they give you 6 needles instead of 5 just in case you break one.

I also received this Twelve yarn in my stocking (don't tell anyone I purchased it myself just to make sure I got some):

P1020041

It is so cool. I think I will add this to a weaving project to add some character to a piece.

During the Xmas holiday, I went to spend a day with Tanya and we did some dying. I dyed the following Briggs and Little using blue and green dye. It turned out better than I was hoping for:

P1020039

I hope to update you on my knitting projects in a few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Line,
I found my summer 2004 issue of Interweave Knits with the lacy tank by Veronique Avery. I'll leave it at Heidi's for you.

Dorine

Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

Thanks Dorine. I really appreciate that you are doing this for me.

Line.