Thursday, October 4, 2007

Finishing projects!

Seems like I am in a finishing mode lately. This past weekend I finished two projects that I have been working on since earlier this summer. I finished the Wisteria socks that I was making for me, myself and I! Finally my first pair of handknit socks, from me to me, that actually fit me.

Wisteria Socks

I also finished the wrap I was weaving for Tanya.

IMGP1141

I was weaving the wrap for her as she was handspinning the following for me, which she finished a few weeks ago:

IMGP1125

Handspun

I am going to knit a wavy scarf with this yarn. Can't wait to get started!

And I am moving forward on my Victoria Lace KAL, although the gods seem to still be upset with me. The seasilk got tangled yet again... I never want to have to untangle seasilk in my life ever again.

IMGP1124

Fortunately, I have managed to untangle the above mess and am finished the drop stitch section of the scarf. I am at the point of starting the final border.

On the weekend of Oct 12th, I am headed to PEI for a Spinner's Retreat. I am so looking forward to it!

1 comment:

The Gourmet Goddess said...

Are you pulling the ball of seasilk from the inside? According to "No Sheep for Me", non-wool, slippery yarn balls should be worked from the outside in, not the inside out. They don't have the same structure to hold their ballness so they will tangle. Just thought I'd share in case that was your problem!