Thursday, September 13, 2007

Clarence Border Scarf - Victorian Lace Today KAL

Back in May I decided to participate in the Victorian Lace Today KAL being held at London Wul. I bought the most amazing colorway of Handmaiden Sea Silk.

One evening spent knitting at my friend Tanya's, I enthusiastically cast on this wonderful new project.

Victoria Lace KAL

Little did I know what this project had in mind for me.

Early on in the second evening attending the knit-along evening of fun and sharing with the other KAL knitters, I realize that I have not been doing my YO correctly and the scarf was not looking as it should. I therefore decide to frog my work. I decided to frog while reballing the yarn... Little did I know that Sea Silk does not really like being frogged!!

I wish I had pictures to show you the mess I had to deal with. But I guess the shear frustration I felt in the over 10 hours of time I put in untangling the jangled mess caused me to forget to take a picture.

I re-cast on a few weeks later and progress on the project has been good.

I have a theory on why this all happened! This whole mess occurred between the time when I actually ordered my new knitters loom and when I actually received it. I think the knitting GODs were punishing me for thinking of doing something other than knitting. However, after having received the loom, the Knitting GODs have seen that I am still knitting --- not all my time is spent weaving --- they have given me a break and the project is now going well as can be seen from the picture below.

Victoria Lace KAL

On another note, my family and I finally went to Sussex for the Atlantic Internation Balloon Fiesta. We have been saying for yours that we should go. We should have gone sooner... It is absolutely amazing. The pictures below just don't do justice to being there!

Many Balloons

Morning Launch

No comments: