Thursday, February 1, 2007

Einstein KAL, but not really!

On the first Sunday in January 2007, I decided to join Heidi's Einstein KAL. But instead of doing the Einstein coat, I decided to attempt my first "non-baby" sweater - "The Weekend Pullover" from the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. After swatching a few different yarns - with many gauge issues, I decided to use the Cocoa Mission Falls 1824 Wool (007). It has such a wonderful feel to it.

Here is a picture of my efforts... This project will likely take me well beyond the end of the KAL, but I am happy with my efforts so far.

IMG_0318

And I bought myself my first pair of Addi Turbo Circular Needles (3.0 mm) to knit this project on. Despite the little bit I have knit with these so far I just LOVE them!!!

My daughter and I spent most of Thursday evening creating stitch markers for this project, since it requires several.

stitch markers for me!

3 comments:

AnnKnits said...

Line, I love your sweater. It is going to be just beautiful. I think its awesome that your stitch markers are coordinated. I am still knitting my socks, check them out at Knit's Ridiculous. I don't see any sweaters in my near knitting future. I am really leaning towards trying some lace. We will see.

Ann

Tanya said...

I love that sweater, but you knew that!
What wonderful stitch markers? Where could I get some of those for my next project?

Line (pronounced Lynn) said...

You can get stitch markers like these at London Wul (http://www.thewoolworks.com/). But you knew that already ;-) since you are my K2Tog partner in crime in creating them!