Saturday, February 24, 2007

Jaywalking and Travelling!

Back in early January, I bought myself a colorway of Fleece Artist that I just absolutely fell in love with. Two weeks ago, I decided to make myself a pair of Jaywalkers with this yarn. This will be my very first pair of socks intended for my feet!!! I can't wait till they are done.

I really love the way this yarn is patterning, it is really showing off the zigzagging of the Jaywalker pattern well.

Fleece Artist Jaywalker Socks 2

Travel has kept me from updating my blog recently. I was away on a business trip to Winnipeg, Manitoba. However, no travel will keep me away from my knitting. I brought my Weekend Pullover project with me and had a chance to move forward quite a bit on it.

Weekend Pullover

4 comments:

AnnKnits said...

Hi Line - hope you have better luck with your Jaywalkers than I did. I have to send mine to the frog pond (rip it, rip it out) the fabric produced by this pattern is not very flexible. I have chubby feet. They will not fit. I will post photos before and during the frogging process. But undeterred, I plan on starting over, just going to go up a size in needles and maybe knit a bigger size. Thanks for the post on my blog. When you get around to doing the socks on 2 circs by all means contact me. I will be glad to share what I know with you. It may not be much but enough to get you started. Your knitting is lovely. You have a good eye and your fabric is beautiful. The sweater will be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

bad bad woman... I read your comment regarding MY socks on Tanya's blog. I hope you've got some more of those lovely stitch markers to give me to make things even (ha).

Manon

Tanya said...

I Love Love Love both of these! Wow, that yarn is showing off the jaywalker and the jaywalker is showing off that yarn even beter than I was expecting. And the weekend pullover, wow! I love the cable in the middle the best, but they are all so terrific! You should travel more often :)

KnittenKnots said...

The colors in those Jaywalkers are absolutely gorgeous and matching up perfectly!! And the sweater - wow - that is going to be absolutely amazing and I know how soft that yarn is. You'll never want to take it off!!