Friday, February 12, 2010

Knitting in Las Vegas

Since I travel so much for business, I decided it was time I tried incorporating my knitting hobby into my travel plans. I am currently in Las Vegas (January 31st to February 13th) and had a perfect opportunity on the Saturday to hunt out knitting shops. I did a Google Search and found Gail Knits - an amazing shop in west Las Vegas. So I dropped by on Saturday and made a few purchases. These are to make some 2010 Christmas presents:



The above is Prism Wild Stuff in Peacock colorway.




And this is Cascade Yarns Eco Alpaca in 1527 Colorway.

They invited me to stay and knit with the a group that gathers there to knit every Saturday afternoon, but unfortunately I had left my knitting back at the hotel - which was over a half hour drive away. But they told me they were open on Thursday evenings and usually got a group together then.

So on Thursday evening, after my day of work, I headed out to the knitting shop and joined an amazing group of knitters for the evening. So now I have some knitting friends in Las Vegas - people I can share my passion with when I am away from home.

I look forward to the opportunity to knit with this group again next time I am in Las Vegas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool!! knitting contacts in Vegas...

Nice yarn btw.

Enjoying the olympics yet? I've managed to knit a good 2 inches on the top down pullover. I'm in a "zoooone".

Manon