Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hiatus at an end!

It may seem as if I have been on hiatus because I received my spinning wheel and have not been able to stop spinning long enough to blog. However, that is not the case, after trying out my spinning wheel in March, I have not had time to touch it or blog since then. You may all be wondering what could keep me away from such wonderful pastimes.

The first thing that kept me away is the wonderful week in April that my husband and I spent in Cayo Coco, Cuba.












Then, I started a new job on the first of May. I am now working for GSA as an Educational Director. I am working from a home office, so I spent most of my spare time in April and May buying equipment and setting up a home office. My craft room has now become a home office/craft room. It is now a shared space.














I have also had to spend many evenings and weekends through June and July working in order to have course content ready in time to deliver to some clients who had requested training during these two months.

I did manage to have some down time during all of these months. But any free time I had was spent either enjoying my pool, camping in our new Coyote hybrid trailer or knitting. Blogging was very low on the priority list.





I have worked on a couple of knitting projects. However, the only project I have finished during this time is a lap blanket kit purchased from London-Wul. I started it in late June, and finished it in early August just in time to give to my Mom for her birthday.



















In the next few weeks I will update you on my works in progress. And I will post pictures of the yarn I spun back in March. I still need to take pictures in order to post them ;-)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

The lap blanket is beautiful! And so is your trailer!

Welcome back to blogland :)