Thursday, August 2, 2007

Busy, busy, busy!!!

This summer my husband and I decided to finally get the pool we have been dreaming of most of our lives installed in our backyard. It has been an exciting and busy time since we have decided to add 560 square feet of decking around the pool -- and we are building the deck ourselves.

deck building

Seems like we will never finish when I look at the wood still remaining in our garage.

wood for deck

Despite being busy, I seemed to have managed to finish a few knitting and weaving projects and to start a few new ones.

I finished my first woven project on my knitters loom. Here is a look at the scarf I created with some stash yarn:

My first woven project

I have also started a new wrap for Tanya. I warped this wrap while on a camping trip Tanya and I took together just to get away and knit. You can see that the space between the end of my cupboard and the table in my tent trailer was the perfect length for the warp of this wrap.

Tanya's Wrap

I have finished the Heatwave socks I knit up for my daughter -- a pattern by
my friend Tanya. The pattern is so easy to knit - I just love it.

P7200070
I have also started test knitting a new sock pattern named Wisteria being designed by Tanya. I love the cables in this pattern.

Wisteria Socks 2

I have also started the following scarf as part of the Victoria Lace KAL being held at London Wul. This photo is from early on (i.e. the first time I cast on)... I will post a dedicated entry for this project in the near future detailing my trials and tribulations with this project...

Victoria Lace KAL

No comments: