Sunday, July 8, 2007

Knitting on vacation!

Well, I didn't get as much knitting done on vacation as I thought I would. And I didn't actually get a chance to go to any knitting stores during my travels. But I did have a wonderful time nonetheless.

I managed to finally finish my Jaywalker socks while on vacation. They were supposed to be for me but they turned out too big for me. So I gave them to my mother. They fit her perfectly.

P6260044

Now she is hoping that all the socks I knit are too big for me!

We had a wonderful time on our vacation. My parents, the two girls, my husband and I drove to Massachusset with our tent trailer hitched to the back of my parents van. We camped in my cousins back yard for a four days and went to a Six Flags in Springfield Massachusset.

If you zoom into the pictures below you will see the members of my family (their names and an arrow point them out) that were brave enough to venture onto the Superman rollercoaster ride. It has a 221 foot drop at a very steep angle. My husband said "You felt like you had gone off the rails".

Copy of P6250011

Copy of P6250017
Pat is my husband, Brenda is my cousin's wife, Mom is my mother, Camille is my 11 year old daughter and Valérie is my husband's 14 year old daughter.

I stayed firmly on the ground and am the one that took the pictures.

Then we camped at the Desert of Maine for two nights and did lots of shopping in Freeport.

P6290050

I re-started (I'll explain in a future post) my Victoria Lace Today KAL. I should have an update on that and my pool construction in the very near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your sacrifice: staying on the ground to take pictures of the family instead of enjoying the superman ride with them...

Hope your pool building goes smoothly!!

Manon

Tanya said...

Love the jaywalkers! What nice colors. I have yet to use my matching yarn... what should I make?!